- Instead of gas taxes, ODOT explores fees based on miles driven (VMT in Oregon)
- Oregon Study Shows Benefits, and Price, for Newly Insured
- Willapa Bay oyster grower sounds alarm, starts hatchery in Hawaii
- Anna Schwartz, Economist Who Collaborated With Friedman, Dies at 96
- Relief in Every Window, but Global Worry Too (AC in Asia)
- Canadians worry about global warming: poll: In British Columbia, where the provincial carbon tax has been in effect since 2008, public support for the tax is at an “all time high”. The poll revealed that 57 per cent of BC residents agree with the carbon tax, up from 46 per cent when surveyed in 2010. In other provinces, up to 58 per cent of citizens would like to see a similar carbon tax implemented, marking a substantial increase over the past few years.
- Electric Power Monthly: Average electricity prices in each state
- Climate—A Winning Wedge Issue At Last? 72 percent of Independents acknowledge solid evidence of global warming.
- The Climate Action Reserve was founded to ensure integrity, transparency, and financial value in the North American carbon market. (Offsets)
- American Belief and Policy in Climate Change: Spring 2012 NSAPOCC Findings
- Elinor Ostrom, Winner of Nobel in Economics, Dies at 78
- Backtracking on Florida Exams Flunked by Many, Even an Educator
- The Macroeconomics of Chinese kleptocracy
- Coal Trends in Asia: Skyrocketing growth in China despite high prices.
- Climate Policy Wins Minds. Hearts Needed. Are Canadians and Americans alike amenable to a carbon tax shift? Of particular note for Sightline audiences and fellow climate hawks, a “majority also say they would be more likely to vote for a candidate who supports a ‘revenue neutral’ tax shift from income taxes to fossil fuels.”
- State Earned Income Tax Credits: 2010 Legislative Update (EITC)
In the news
June 25, 2012