- Climate Attitude Adjustment? New polling, including not-terrible support for a carbon pollution tax.
- Out and Riding High in Nashville
- The Odds of Disaster: An Economist’s Warning on Global Warming by Marty Weitzman
- Inslee signs $8.7 billion transportation budget
- Northwest Fossil Fuel Exports
- Malkiel, Burton G. 2013. “Asset Management Fees and the Growth of Finance.” Journal of Economic Perspectives, 27(2): 97-108. “Actively managed funds of publicly traded securities have consistently underperformed index funds, and the amount of the underperformance is well approximated by the difference in the fees charged by the two types of funds. Moreover, it appears that there was no change in the efficiency of the market from 1980 to 2011. Thus, the increase in fees is likely to represent a deadweight loss for investors. Indeed, perhaps the greatest inefficiency in the stock market is in “the market” for investment advice.”
- RCW 82.04.050 “Sale at retail,” “retail sale.” See subsection (2) on construction labor.
In the news
May 29, 2013
Posted in Blog