5th Annual AEA Economics Humor Session in Honor of Caroline Postelle Clotfelter
January 5, 2013
At 8pm in San Diego (in the Manchester Foyer of the Manchester Grand Hyatt). The humor session and the Friday night music session are the only parts of the American Economic Association annual meeting that are free and open to the public! (Registration for the full conference—more info here—is well worth it if you’re into economics 🙂
Tentative line-up (email me if you want to join the fun!)
* Presiding officer Austan Goolsbee. Austan Goolsbee, University of Chicago.
* Justin M. Rao, Microsoft Research, and David H. Reiley, Google Inc., The Economics of Spam
* Kurt Rafael Verkest, Pets Central Enterprises, and Yoram Bauman, www.standupeconomist.com, Hyperinflation in Hell
* Kevin W. Capehart, American University,
What’s So Funny About Making Monetary Policy?
* Mark Skousen, Forecasts & Strategies, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Stockholm: My Friendly Fights With Nobel Prize Economists
* David Powell, RAND, Local Average Treatment Effects in Supernatural Experiments