The first exam will be on Oct 14/15. Here is the cheat sheet (which as an added bonus also includes an old exam). The exam will cover the following chapters, with problems from the textbook similar to those specified below:
- Ch 1: Introduction. (Problem 1.1 is a good problem to do 🙂
- Ch 2: Decision trees. (Look at problems 2.1 – 2.4; problem 2.5 is interesting but too hard for an exam question.)
- Ch 3: Time. (Look at some or all of problems 3.1 – 3.9 and 3.11 – 3.16. )
- Ch 16: Inflation. (Look at some or all of problems 16.1 – 16.10.)
- Ch 4: Risk. (Look at some or all of problems 4.1 – 4.5, 4.7, and 4.10 – 4.12. Problem 4.6—the Monty Hall problem—may confound your intuition, and problem 4.8 is really really hard and is not fair game for the exam.)
- Ch 5: From one to some. (Look at some or all of problems 5.1 – 5.4.)
Happy studying, and please bring a calculator to the exam!