- Senate Gets Climate and Energy Bill, Modified by the Gulf Spill. Don’t hold your breath. See also Graham Calls for ‘Pause’ in Pursuing Energy Bill. Oh, and this: Suspension of AB32 headed to state ballot.
- From a new book about Obama:
Mr. Alter soon finds his voice, using his considerable access to the president and his aides to give us an informed look at No. 44’s management style — his methodical approach to policy making, which favors “logic chains” and “decision trees”…
In which cutting-edge economics book can you learn about “decision trees”? I think there’s only one: my Cartoon Introduction to Economics (Chapter 2: Decision Trees). I’m not bragging… well, actually, yeah I am 🙂
- Greece, Debt and a Lesson
- Date With a Neanderthal: “This seem crazy, but me feel connection to you, like connection of mammoth to spear, or of fish to spear, or of wood stick to point of spear.”
- What Every Girl Should Know: “One of [Comstock’s] targets was Margaret Sanger, a nurse who wrote a sex education column, “What Every Girl Should Know,” for a left-wing New York newspaper, The Call. When Comstock banned her column on venereal disease, the paper ran an empty space with the title: “What Every Girl Should Know: Nothing, by Order of the U.S. Post Office.””
- Sheena Duncan, White Who Fought Apartheid, Dies at 77
- Cops Threaten Reed College With “Crack House” Statute. Newsweek article here.
Leave A Comment