- Amazon Spends Millions to Fight Internet Sales Tax
- Seeing Irene as Harbinger of a Change in Climate
- Behind China’s green goals: “For local officials, there is a direct link between achieving these targets – even by the skin of their teeth – and keeping their jobs. This led to the absurd situation last year where local officials chose to cut off power to businesses, even hospitals, in order to meet their energy-saving goals.”
- Something Seems Very Wrong Here: Economic History of the Great Depression Department: the correspondent in question was yours truly 🙂
- Chinese Protest Suspensions of Bloggers
- Graph: Real GDP in Japan. What if it never doubles again?
- Centralia’s Very Bad Year
- China Faces Obstacles in Bid to Rebalance Its Economy: Laura and I go to Chengdu in 2 weeks!
- China Coal and Mining Expo: Wouldn’t miss it for the world!
- Weather and War: A new study suggests El Niño may be to blame for nearly a quarter of recent global conflicts.
- Chasing Rare Earths, Foreign Companies Expand in China
- What will climate change do to our planet?. From Mark Lynas’s
Six Degrees. Reviewed in RealClimate.
- How Hard Is It To Get a Cartoon Into
The New Yorker?